<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"I'm gonna hock every buck in the bank and vacate this skinny town like a Finney Brown" 

Okay, we're about three weeks overdue (so far overdue that I'm already on my next trip) but I owe my readers a report on my trip to Hooserdom.

My trip started on a quiet St. Patrick's Day (drinking and gay pride parades should never interfere with Holy Week). We celebrated by eating at a place called "O'Charley's". One of my coworkers had a large green beer. It was vaguely unappetizing to look at, but otherwise kinda cool.

On the first morning there, I slept in and so I grabbed what I could of the breakfast in the hotel and jumped in the car. We hadn't gone 5 miles before I spilled a nearly full cup of orange juice in my lap. Did you know that bucket seats can form a good dam for fluids? Did you also know that being citrussy fresh all day isn't as good as it sounds?

One of my accomplishments on this trip was discovering why Yuengling isn't available outside of a small area (that includes the place I'm visiting this week!). Apparently they don't like to ship it outside of the local area, and they might be trying to avoid growing too big to make really good beer. Go figure.

I also went to the movies for the first time in the course of all my business travels. There was a theater down the street from where we were, and so I went to see Vantage Point. It was great at times, boring at other times, and repetitive a lot of the time.

It was nice getting back home, even though it took me several days to recover from the jet lag due to a 3:30 wake-up time two hours ahead of my home time zone. Note to self: check flight information before you let your coworkers talk you into waking up obscenely early.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?