<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

"These are the Days we remember" 

I’m in Florida on business this week. I didn’t pick my hotel for this trip. The convoluted laws and regulations that I face on a regular basis decree that, under some circumstances, I have to make my reservations through another organization. During my last trip, I did this and got the same hotel I’ve stayed at every other time I’ve come here, but this time, almost everything was full, and I’m not in what I would have picked if I had a choice. The room isn’t all bad. For example:

Good: Free high-speed wireless internet. Bad: The signal comes and goes, varying from 80% sometimes, to no signal at all most of the time.

Good: A phone in the room. Bad: There are two different room numbers on the phone, and neither one is my actual room number.

Good: A microfridge. Bad: Chipped porcelain fixtures

Good: Basic cable, including HBO for nearly 80 channels. Bad: Half of the channels are nearly unwatchable due to static.

I sometimes almost like this place. Maybe if my room were closer to the front desk, I’d be okay with it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?