<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

I will trunk no more, forever 

Three years ago, I had a new roommate move into my apartment. At 20, he was the youngest guy in our apartment, and the only one who had not already served a mission. We were all delighted for him that next fall when he decided to go on a mission. Well, he got home Wednesday and just called me tonight.

(For the record, we weren’t that close, but I recently ran into his cousin, who told me he was coming home, etc.)

Anyway, we talked about old times, and new times, and the changes in missionary work since I was out (6 1/2 years ago). In a way it was like we had hung out this morning, and were just getting caught up on the day’s activities. We talked for a while, and hopefully we’ll do so again soon, but at least if we have to wait months or years, we will probably be able to just pick it up again.

Welcome home, Markwise.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?