<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Bill Remembered (almost) 

General conference was this weekend. I watched the Sunday afternoon session with my in-laws, who were hosting two (biological) sisters that they knew from Finland, and the children of one of them. The father of the four children died in December in a suicide bombing in Iraq. We were a bit surprised when, during the second to last talk, there was mention made of a young mother of four who’s husband died in Iraq in December. The mother wasn’t with us at the time (she was still coming back from seeing the morning session live), and when she came back we disagreed about the details. I only remembered that the husband and father had died in Iraq, while others remembered that it was a mother of four (correct) and that the husband had died in Mosul (which hadn’t been specified). I spent the rest of my time there trying to get some incarnation of Real Player to work on their computer so that we could listen to the streaming record of conference that was available at the time (short story: it didn’t work).

So, this morning, I finally was able to listen to it again, and it stated that the mother had spoken at a stake conference where Elder Bednar was attending. Since the mother was surprised to be mentioned by Elder Bednar, I think it’s unlikely that she’s the one in question, although now I wonder just how many LDS fathers of four died in Iraq just before Christmas.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?