<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Christmas Party the First 

This week, I have 6 Christmas parties in 4 days, and a birthday party during it all. I'm sure that some of the parties (like the one with the molested snowmen) are of little interest to you, but one was quite interesting.

It was my wife's work party. She works in an office with a lot of accountants, and they decided that this would be a formal sort of party. We were to dress nicely, and so I wore what I had worn the previous Sunday to church, which was a green shirt with a red Christmas tie. I ended up being one of 4 men in the room not wearing a white shirt, and one of three who was not wearing a suit coat. We also ended up sitting at a table with the guests of honor. My wife sat next to Keith McMullen, and I sat across from Richard Scott. Bishop McMullen was quite the conversationalist, and it was fun to sing Frosty the Snowman with Elder Scott, who gave a few remarks after dinner about a Christmas spent in an impoverished town in Bolivia.

Then, the next morning I won a bottle of wine for a door prize at another party. They didn't even let me turn it down before offering it to someone else. I guess I'm too young to drink.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?