<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Monday, April 05, 2004

"This is true love -- you think this happens every day?" 

In the last week, I watched Big Fish and Intolerable Cruelty. Both were fairly good films, but they made me realize something. I was really moved by the love story in the former movie, where the father and mother had been faithfully married for many years. The latter film felt cheap and shallow by comparison (in its defense, it’s about cheap and shallow people). The conclusion that this leads me to is that I don’t like infatuation. I only like the kind of love that is patient and long suffering. That’s why I couldn’t stand The Wedding Planner. It’s about a girl who gets all worked up over some guy who cheats on his fiancée to be with her, at the same time rejecting a man who has been devoted to her for the twenty years since they had met.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?