<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Städte & Ritter 

This evening, I had my first taste of the Cities and Knights (Städte & Ritter) expansion to Settlers of Catan ( Die Siedler von Catan). It was great. I didn’t win, although I would have won with a point to spare if the player just before me hadn’t ended the game. What I did do was everything that this new game allows. I built knights. I improved my cities. I had the game’s only metropolis. I had cards coming out of my ears (resources, commodities, and discovery cards), and I generally had a good run of things. In fact, my biggest problem was that my turns seemed to take far too long to everyone else. You try to manage a turn with six kinds of resources and half a dozen special cards to work through.

I highly recommend the game, with or without the expansion pack. I’m also excited because we’re getting it (in German) from the Freaks for our wedding. Thanks Andy!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?