<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Puttering 

I was cleaning my room today and found a score card from a game of miniature golf. It shows me hitting 6 (the maximum allowed score) on six of the first nine holes, which was just embarrassing. I did better on the back nine, but still lost the game 78 to 82. (I also incorrectly added the scores from the first nine holes, putting both of us ten strokes over what we had actually played. The arithmetic error causes me even more shame than my pathetic playing did.) The game in question was played on about the 7th of June, 2002 (it could have been the 8th). That was from our last date before my friend left for Germany, and so I kept the score card to remind me of it. Now, almost two years later, we are looking forward to a quiet vacation away from friends, family, and anyone else who wants to know if we’re excited to be getting married.

I’ve been wanting to marry her for a long time. She came to the weddings of my best friends from high school, and now both of them have three kids. We even broke up for a while, got back together, and then spent a year and a half in different countries with only letters keeping us connected (curious fact: I estimate that I wrote 300 single spaced pages to her during that time). How do I feel about finally marrying her? I don’t know. I’ve been waiting for this for so long that I don’t know how to do anything but wait.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?