<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

I have some good news and some bad news 

Tonight was the bachelor party, or as we called it, the “Wine and cheese reception.” We had cheese (on pizzas) and Mountain Dew, which was about as close as we ever get to wine. We played round after round of Halo on two X-boxes that were networked together. I led one team, and my little brother who almost broke his arm today led the other team (and the individual scoring for almost every round).

Actually, the story about my brother is a good one, because it ends well. He was doing time trials for track this morning and tripped over a hurdle, apparently landing on his arm. During the day, it got worse, until his teachers kicked him out of class, and then I had to take him to the hospital (where our mom was working), and then to a clinic to get x-rayed. This pretty much took up all of my afternoon, but I was comforted in my belief that maybe he wouldn’t be able to play tonight. Alas, it turns out that his arm was just sprained, and so with a splint on it, the thing made some remarkable progress this afternoon, and he was able to play this evening. If his injured arm slowed him down at all, it didn’t show up in the stats where he usually outscored the nearest opponent by 25%, nor in the games where he was an unstoppable force.

We also learned that lawyer boy (my younger brother), my little sister, and I were slightly better than hurdle boy, my older brother, and our neighbor, but if my brother-in-law joined them, then they were significantly better than us. At least I held my own in the stats, usually placing in the top 3 or 4 spots, and once even getting the high score for the level.

Oh, and the strippers were great. What a party.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?