<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Thursday, April 01, 2004

April Fool’s! 

I didn’t do anything to fool anyone today, but in that spirit, here’s a story:

Four years ago, I went to my girlfriend’s house to watch conference with her family. I brought with me a fake ring (well, the ring was real enough, but the “diamond” in it wasn’t) that I gave to her to wear. She was kind of embarrassed about the whole thing, and so she kept her hand hidden for the rest of the morning. During lunch, her sisters finally started hounding her to show them her left hand. We kept the whole thing going for a while longer before explaining that we weren’t engaged. It took a while after that for her sisters to forgive me (which is sort of flattering).

Now, four years later, we are engaged. It better not be a joke this time.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?