<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Sunday, April 04, 2004

The answer, my friend 

Friday, it was terribly windy. This was the sort of wind that only comes once every few years, unless you’re in Logan during the winter time, trying to walk back from class into the wind that is coming out of the canyon (in which case it happens every day). With my little car, this sort of wind makes me nervous, and I don’t get nerves very often while driving. So, I drove with whatever caution I could muster. As I hit a fairly long stretch of highway that had no turns or exits, I found myself in some dense stop-and-go traffic, which is common on that road at 4:00 pm, but quite uncommon at 11:45 pm. It turns out that a semi had been blown over, blocking two of the four lanes. Between merging and rubbernecking, I was pretty glad to get by there before morning. Well, shortly after passing that wreckage, I noticed another semi lying on its side. This one had rolled off of the adjacent frontage road, and so it wasn’t blocking or otherwise distracting the drivers on my road. If that wasn’t enough, I came across another rolled semi, this one again on the freeway. This time, it was about 20 feet past an exit, and so I pulled off to take my chances with what turned out to be an entire blacked-out city (note: some drivers don’t know that stop lights become all-way stops when the power is out). At least I made it alive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?