<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Thoughts from a random encounter 

Today I passed a car. I don’t remember much about the car, but in the passenger seat was a girl who was staring out in a very intent way. Even though I zipped past fairly quickly (what were they doing in the left lane if they were going so slowly anyway?), I was struck by her. My first instinct was to give a friendly nod (a habit that probably dates back to my days in Newfoundland where nodding is a common greeting, not to mention something of an art), but as I pulled away through the remarkably heavy evening traffic, I wondered just what was going through her mind. Why was she staring out the window into the dark? Was she bored? Did she not like the driver? Was she startled at the little car that flew past?

In any case, my point is that far too many people think that they’re driving fast enough to be in the left lanes. Going the speed limit doesn’t automatically make you the fasted car on the road people. So, the next time you’re passed on the right, take a hint and get over. (Also, get over it.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?