<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

“I'm a small man in some ways. A small, petty man.” 

Great is the tradition of celebrating a man’s life before he commits to spending the rest of it with a woman. As my allotment of unattached days dwindles, plans are being made for just such a celebration. We’re not really the stripper types, but we all do love video games, and so we will commemorate by playing Halo.

Here’s my problem: my youngest brother is a fanatical Halo player. He spends hours a day, every day, playing that game. He’s unstoppable. I don’t enjoy the thorough beatings that I endure while playing with him. Unfortunately, Halo is the only game that we have adequate terminals for everyone to play (otherwise Half-Life would be the game of choice). But we have a solution to my problem. My brother can’t play his beloved game until after our party. That’s two weeks without wasting any Covenant forces. He’ll probably get back up to speed after a round or two, but still this is a chance for us to at least get a few kills during the evening. It should be a pleasant Wine and Cheese Social.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?