<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Monday, March 15, 2004

Fortuosity 

Friday, I had an assignment. I was to take my friend on a date. She didn’t care what we did, as long as we went out and did something. So, we went to a park and threw a frisbee around. That was fun, although she was just getting the hang of it and I was just getting really sloppy when we got tired of that. After walking around for a while, we decided to get something to eat. Even though the park we were at was right by a freeway on ramp, I started driving through the back roads towards the local restaurant district. That was fun. I like driving down new roads and exploring like that.

About halfway to the restaurants, we drove past a high school that was bustling with activity. We soon realized that they were showing Les Miserables. It had been advertised for about a month, and so I figured that it was probably sold out, but we decided to try to get tickets anyway. So, after standing in a line until it was scheduled to start, we managed to get two tickets, but right then they had a bunch of tickets get returned (I don’t know why), and so we were given two of those which were near the middle of the auditorium instead of in the balcony at the back.

The play was quite moving, with rather good singing and acting. Not even the sound and lighting goofs could distract from the inspiring tale. After the play, we even managed to get some dinner. I got credit for giving her one of the best dates she’d ever been on, even if it was mostly spontaneous luck that made it all work out.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?