<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Friday, March 19, 2004

Announcements 

Announcements!

Please make it short and sweet, short and sweet, short and sweet.
Please make it short and sweet, 'cause you're so boring.!

This has been a good week. I got two pieces of good news this week, and combined with a third, I'm really quite happy at the moment. (All three are related to events that happened in December, but that's just coincidence.)

First: I scored 47 on the Putnam exam. The two times I took the test before, I scored 20 and 39, and this year, I really didn't expect to beat my previous score. For the record, Utah State placed 82nd this year out of 479 teams. A scan of the official results announcement (done by Harvard, who placed second this year) can be found at http://www.math.harvard.edu/putnam/2003_results/index.html.

Second: I just got a job, after three months of post-graduation unemployment. I don't start for a while, but at least I'll eventually be getting pay checks, which is good because...

Third: I am getting married. The big date is April 16th. You are welcome to inquire about how I proposed, but I won't tell you.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?