<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Thursday, February 19, 2004

My Civic Duty 

I’m getting very anxious to have a new car. My current vehicle serves me well enough, but it’s 15 years old, and even if it were in top shape, it’s missing some important things like 4 doors, air conditioning, cruise control, and a fifth gear. So, I’ve looked around, and I’ve found a dream car. I want a Honda Civic Hybrid. It’s a gas/electric hybrid car that has the same body and general specs as the traditional Civic, but it gets about half again better gas milage.

When I tell people this, I’m often asked why I don’t want to get a VW diesel car. They get similar milage, and these days diesel fuel is cheaper than gasoline. That’s not the point. The point is that the hybrids are cool, in a profoundly geeky way. This car has an impressive instrument panel that tells you just how much the batteries are being charged or drained.

And most important, it has four doors and air conditioning.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?