<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

An Identity in Crisis 

I’ve had a title for this page for months, even though it took me a while to remember that. When I first set it up, and until just a few minutes ago, I had it titled "Confessions of an Egregious Mind" which is utter nonsense. I wasn't happy with this, and so I just remembered something that happened a few months ago.

I was playing pool with some friends (feel free to sing about trouble, with a capital T...), and having a great time making witty comments and talking trash, as we always do. Well, as we were putting things away at the end of the evening, someone tossed the chalk onto the table, inciting an inquiry to whether or not it came up 'snake eyes.' Amid a brief discussion on whether or not that expression can apply to a single die, I managed to mix biblical symbolism with a wise expression, and said something that I thought was quite clever. Immediately everyone in the room busted up laughing, and almost as immediately, I realized what I had said. To make a long story short, that day, I decided on a name for this page, even though this page didn't exist yet. Now my ramblings have a proper title to work under, and not some silly perversion of an already ostentatious movie title.

Welcome to the Garden of the Blind.

For the record, the subtitle has been around from the beginning. At least I wasn't totally off when I created this thing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?