<$BlogRSDURL$>

The observations and opinions of a person who has no discernible insights or ideas.

Sunday, February 08, 2004

An Alarming Introduction 

I've tried to make regular contributions to an online corpus, but I found that I didn't have much time to write the kinds of lengthy entries I would make (not even once a month), and it was awfully hard to try to be funny without being hopelessly pathetic. Having given up on that, I've finally broken down and started a web log. I suppose that's a common sort of story. At least I've heard it before. Now, I can write shorter entries and tackle all those things I've wanted to rant about, even if I don't have enough to say about them to make for a decent entry in my old system.

This morning, my sister was moving, and my mother was trying to get me to wake up and help. She took this really loud personal alarm (the kind that women carry to scare off rapists), and set it off outside my door. I got up and got dressed, and decided that it wasn't really that loud after all. So, I crawled back into bed and covered my head with a pillow, so that the sound was just a loud throbbing instead of a piercing shriek. I was almost back asleep when she finally came down and turned it off. Then, I got up. My two points were that first, I won't be forced out of bed (a point which I didn't really make that well, since I got dressed anyway, which I wouldn't have done without the alarm going off), and second, I have a much higher threshold for enduring annoying noises than most people.

Of course, if my sister would just have the common decency to move in the afternoon, we wouldn't have had to endure any of this nonsense.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?